Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A trip to Washington and an old Canon camera

Today is my Grandma's birthday so I decided to post some photos from a recent trip to visit her. Washington was beautiful and the weather was amazing, 60 degrees and sunny every day! My grandma brought me blueberry pick'n because the weather was perfect for it. She had all sorts of stories from when she went pick'n in the past but for me it was my first time. We spent the rest of the trip sharing stories and talking about life. It is comforting to know even though miles apart, we are still so much alike. We share a love for snacks, specifically cheese, olives and pickled well...anything!! One of my favorite experiences was finding out my grandma also loved and pursued photography at a point in her life. I was so excited when I found her old Canon snuggled up on a shelf in the basement. I held it in my hands with a huge smile on my face, a treasure that she just handed down to me. Before the end of the trip I squeezed in a few other great places like Snoqualmie Falls, Chateau St. Michelle and the Red Hook Brewery. All were so much fun!! It was an amazing trip, but way too short! Can't wait for my next visit- until then Happy Birthday Grandma!!!!

1 comment:

hilarydarling said...

i love love love your pictures, lady.